Calypso

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!

Today was a much better holiday then the last. After feeling kinda blue for the last couple of months, I was forced (by a persistant sister and mother) to get out of the house on the weekend and do something. So something I did. Headed midtown to the movies, I left with plenty of time. 50 minutes on what should only be a 25 minute train ride. Oh, stupid me. I forgot, it's the MTA... slowest, most unreliable transit. it took 50 minutes to get to times square. No real reason... I watched in frustrated silence as the "C" train (running local) zoomed by the "A" train that I was on (running "express")... We never did catch up to that train... such is life. I missed my movie and had to wait for the next showing. Normally not a problem, but when you're on 42nd street, there's not a whole lot to do, unless you want to get lost in tourist traps. This area of town is my least favorite place to be, but usually where I end up at the movies, as they have the most choices... Still...My friends tell me that I get this look on my face when I am in midtown, and I start to walk alot faster. I think it's my "get out of my way and stop using your camcorder while you try and walk" look. For those who have ever lived in NYC and not just visited, you should know exactly what I mean. Tourists are great for the economy, but such a pain in the arse.
So, back to my story.. I used the wait to catch up with some old pals. Ahren, I miss you a ton and wished I got to talk/see you more! The older I get, the more I realize just how much friends who have been around 12+ years really mean. Anyways.. I'm so all over the place today. Sorry.
After the movie, I took my bum knee up to central park, where I decided to just sit and watch people. It was beautiful. There was kind of a drizzle coming down, not enough for you to actually get wet, but just enough to feel it on your face. The sky was gray without being dark. It was awesome! Decided to walk through the park, up to 82nd st. I wish I'd had all day to sit in the sun with a book and enjoy it. Hopefully the rain will stop soon and I will be able to. Rented Match Point on the way home. After watching it I must say brilliant.. If you haven't seen it you must. And trust me.. watch it all the way through. The beginning and middle can seem so long winded and dull, but oh how does it turn. Really brilliant. Which is a word that I don't use much.

Ok - didn't really have much to say, just hadn't written in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home