Calypso

Monday, March 06, 2006

When I was a child I remember sitting in the upperdeck of the metrodome, cheering my heart our with my dad, mom and sisters, eating a huge tub of popcorn. When the tub was empty, we would turn it over, drum on the bottom and cheer for my favorite player, Kirby Bucket. Oh, wait, I mean Kirby Puckett. Tonight Kirby Puckett passed away from a massive stroke, and I lost a childhood hero. This round, enegeric man became my inspiration, my drive to play, and play with all my heart. I played baseball until I was 12, and then switched to softball. My pre-bat rituals included tapping the plate, just like Kirby. I will always remember his smile, the way that he played each game like it was his last. He was a baseball great, and a vital part of the community. KIRBY BUCKET, I LOVE YOU!! REST IN PEACE MY CHILDHOOD HERO.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEANUT!!

1 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, Blogger Ahren said...

I will miss him too. I remember watching the world series against Atlanta. He was amazing, but then again he was always amazing when he payed because you could tell he loved it. Play with love, tenacious uncompromising and unabashed love. That's the lesson he taught me. We lost a good one. WE WILL MISS YOU, KIRBY! <3

Happy B-day Lil' Sis. I love you. (skip)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home